The Communications and Office Manager supports the Wilkinsburg Community Development Corporation (WCDC) mission to drive economic development in Wilkinsburg with an emphasis on strengthening the Central Business District.
The Communications and Office Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day organization and coordination of office operations, procedures, and resources, and will maintain communication and marketing to support the WCDC’s strategic plan and vision for Wilkinsburg.
The WCDC was formed in 2008 to foster positive community and economic development in the Borough of Wilkinsburg. WCDC has championed efforts to stabilize and transform the community in partnership with the Borough of Wilkinsburg and other local, regional, and state agencies dedicated to strengthening Wilkinsburg. The WCDC’s six-year strategic plan includes significant economic development projects such as the current restoration of the Wilkinsburg Train Station.
The Communications and Office Manager is an integral part of the daily operations of the Wilkinsburg Community Development Corporation (WCDC). The Communications and Office Manager is a full–time position and requires attendance at all WCDC staff meetings, organizational committee meetings and some board meetings. This position reports to the WCDC Executive Director.
Communications, Marketing, and Media Relations
- Coordinate media and marketing activities that promote Wilkinsburg.
- Draft press releases and statements about Wilkinsburg activities and news.
- Evaluate marketing campaign by tracking media hits.
- Maintain user groups and databases.
- Oversee print and electronic communication tools, including brochures and organizational reports.
- Produce a monthly newsletter page.
- Develop and maintain integrated online communications strategy.
- Maintain the WCDC website content and design.
- Post to social media platforms.
- Produce email blasts to internal and external audiences (staff, governmental entities, foundations, financial institutions, developers and other stakeholders).
- Maintain and update written office procedures and organizational policies.
- Provide daily customer service to walk-in, phone or email inquiries.
- Facilitate and track inquiries from residents, businesses and organizations.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Coordinate mass mailings.
- Make bank deposits.
- Maintain, monitor and coordinate purchasing of office supplies and services.
- Oversee office equipment maintenance and the professional appearance of the office.
- Work with the Executive Director, Board and committees to track committee goals, objectives and outcomes.
- Attend community meetings, regional activities, trade shows and other events such as universities, clubs and civic groups on behalf of the organization.
- Requires strong communication, writing and editing skills.
- A creative and independent thinker who works well with community groups.
- Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word with the ability to mail merge.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Google Drive Suite and digital file management.
- Comfort using Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Constant Contact and social media platforms.
Education – Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Public Relations, Public Administration, Business Administration or Public Policy.
Experience – 1-3 years in communications, marketing or public relations. Relevant work experience can be substituted for educational background.
Salary: $45,000 with health care, 401(k), and vacation benefits.
To Apply: Interested parties please send cover letter, resume, salary requirements and three references to:
Wilkinsburg Community Development Corporation
729 Wood St.
Wilkinsburg, PA 15221
Due: Applications are due on May 28, 2021.
The Wilkinsburg Community Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer