Available Properties

In May 2015, the WCDC hosted the first Wilkinsburg Vacant Home Tour. Due to the success of the first tour, a second one was held in May 2016. Five homes were featured each year, and in 2016, a commercial property was added to the tour. Featured homes from 2015 & 2016 are listed below.

1329 Singer Pl.

  • Built in 1910 and designed by architect, Howard K. Jones
  • 2,700 sq. ft. of living space includes 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, hardwood floors, and original woodwork
  • Historic neighborhood – across the street from the Singer Mansion
  • Potential good fit for the Vacant Property Recovery Program

1329-Singer

718 Whitney Ave.

  • Built in 1915 by Mary M. Hughes Havner & George W. Havner
  • 4 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
  • Located in the historic Hamnett Place neighborhood, across the street from Frank Conrad’s family home

718-Whitney

816 South Ave.

  • Built in 1903 by Samuel & Jane McKee; home was sold to Vernon Covell, a bridge engineer known for the Three Sisters Bridges and other local landmarks,  in 1906 and has been in the same family ever since
  • 1,800 sq. ft. of living space includes 3 bedrooms and 1.5 bathrooms
  • Owner is still living and willing to negotiate a sale

816-South

740 Hill Ave.

  • Built in 1920 by J.B. Covalt
  • 6 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, and recent renovations
  • Potential good fit for the Vacant Property Recovery Program

740-Hill

831 Rebecca Ave.

  • Built in 1900 by Alonzo C. & Ida B. Ecker
  • 2,700 sq ft. of living space, 4 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
  • Located in the historic Hamnett Place neighborhood

831-Rebecca

 

744 South Ave.

  • Built in 1892 by Sarah & William Freeman
  • 2,665 sq. ft. of living space includes 4 bedrooms and 1.5 bathrooms
  • Next door to the historic Second Presbyterian Church at South & Mulberry
  • Near the business district, busway & Ferguson Playground

831-Rebecca

818 South Ave.

  • Built in 1893 by Samuel H. McKee
  • 2,365 sq. ft of living space, currently set up as a 3-family multi-unit
  • Across the street from the Boys & Girl’s Club
  • Near the business district, busway & Ferguson Playground

831-Rebecca

708 Whitney Ave.

  • Built in 1897 by John Reid
  • Traditional Queen Anne architectural style
  • 2,310 sq. ft. of living space includes 4 bedrooms
  • Adjacent to the busway and Whitney Ave. tunnel

831-Rebecca

744 Franklin Ave.

  • Built in 1897 by James & Margaret Wilson
  • 2,118 sq. ft. of living spaces includes 4 bedrooms and 1 bathroom
  • Near the business district and busway
  • Near historic St. James RC Church and PHLF renovations

831-Rebecca

817 Rebecca Ave.

  • Built in 1898 by John Burns
  • 3,389 sq. ft. of living space, currently set up as a 4-family multi-unit
  • Near several renovated homes, including PHLF renovations
  • Near the business district, busway, and other amenities

831-Rebecca