Small Business Resources During COVID-19 Crisis
Special thank you to Lawrenceville Corporation for helping the WCDC offer such a thorough list of resources to the Wilkinsburg business district.
- PGH Artists Emergency Fund and other Mutual Aid Funds
- Pittsburgh Artist Emergency Fund Request: If you are a PGH artist facing income insecurity and uncertainty due to COVID-19, fill out this form.
- Associated Artists of Pittsburgh’s resource compilation
- Hebrew Free Loan Association of Pittsburgh has announced a Coronavirus Financial Bridge Loan Program to provide interest-free loans on a nonsectarian basis for up to $5,000 to residents of Allegheny, Beaver, Butler, Westmoreland, Washington, and Armstrong counties who are facing financial challenges caused by COVID-19.
- Kiva Pittsburgh is offering NO INTEREST LOANS up to $10,000 for small businesses and 6 MONTHS PAYMENT FREE due to the COVID outbreak.
- Honeycomb Credit is offering Small Business Relief Loans with 45-day payment free periods, 6-month interest-only periods and reducing posting, success, and investor fees. They’re also streamlining their due diligence to connect businesses with local investors as quickly as possible. As always, these loans are community funded via the Honeycomb crowdfunding platform.
- Everything You Need to Know About Covid-19 Economic Disaster Loan from Duquesne’s Small Business Development Center.
- Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) Covid-19 Small Business Assistance Loan Program
- COVID-19 Loan Programs Quick Guide from the Institute for Entrepreneurial Excellence
PA State Assistance and Resources:
- COVID-19 Working Capital Access Program
- Small Business Paycheck Protection Program
- PA Department of Labor and Industry unemployment compensation and workers compensation information for workers impacted by COVID-19.
- PA Department of Community and Economic Development contacts and resources for affected businesses
- Pennsylvania workers affected may be eligible for unemployment and workers’ compensation benefits. Apply online here.
- Bartender Emergency Assistance Program information. Apply for a grant if your bar or restaurant was recently closed or donate to the fund.
- Pittsburgh Financial Empowerment Center information
- The Steel Valley Authority urges business owners affected by COVID-19 to contact them at 1-866-SVA-8832 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Listing of resources from Allegheny Conference.
- The United Way operates a free helpline called 2-1-1 for housing and other emergencies.
- U.S. Small Business Administration resources and guidance for businesses.