The Director of Finance and Administration is responsible for the daily financial management and business activities of the Wilkinsburg Community Development Corporation and its five affiliate entities.
The Director of Finance and Administration will be an experienced manager who reports to the Executive Director (ED). The successful candidate will be detail oriented, analytical, and conscientious and will support the WCDC in the following areas: finance, business planning and budgeting, fund development, and administration.
The Director of Finance and Administration will play a critical role in partnering with the ED and WCDC Boards of Directors in strategic decision making and operations as WCDC continues to enhance its strategic plan and vision for Wilkinsburg. This is an opportunity for a finance and operations leader to strengthen the capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization.
The WCDC was formed in 2008 to foster positive community and economic development in the Borough of Wilkinsburg. Over the past decade as a Main Street America accredited organization, WCDC has championed efforts to stabilize and transform the community in partnership with the Borough of Wilkinsburg and other local, regional, and state agencies dedicated to strengthening Wilkinsburg. The WCDC’s six-year strategic plan includes significant economic development projects such as the current restoration of the Wilkinsburg Train Station.
The mission of WCDC is to drive economic development in Wilkinsburg with an emphasis on strengthening the Central Business District.
Three Major Strategic Initiatives:
- Business District Prosperity – facilitating the redevelopment of the Wilkinsburg business district, its regional identity, and assisting the businesses that call it home.
- Community Vitality – working in partnership with the Borough of Wilkinsburg, residents, business owners, and other community stakeholders to tackle issues that challenge us in ways that will enhance success for all.
- Organizational Excellence – operating our community development corporation with efficiency and effectiveness to enable long-term impact.
The Director of Finance and Administration supports the mission of the WCDC by overseeing all aspects of financial management, tracking contracts and leases, managing grant and project budgets, coordinating contact management and fund development efforts, and supporting the organizational activities of the Board of Directors. The ideal candidate works well in a team environment and is at ease interacting with the public.
The Director of Finance and Administration position is a full-time position and requires attendance at all WCDC staff meetings, organizational committee meetings and all board meetings. This position reports to the WCDC ED.
Director of Finance and Administration
- Oversee and track annual budgeting and planning processes in conjunction with the ED. Develop forecasting to support operational requirements and the long-term strategic goals of the WCDC.
- Work with the accounting firm to create organizational cash flow statements for each entity. Administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes.
- Ensure that grant compliance and spending restrictions are adhered to and that financial data is readily available; prepare payment vouchers, updates and close-out reports as required by funding source.
- Manage all organizational bank accounts, loans, and lines of credit.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices.
- Communicate and provide supporting documents to auditors annually, or as needed throughout the year.
- Maintain and track all contracts, leases, and external agreements.
- Coordinate organizational operating, management, and development agreements required for construction and real estate activities.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners, including third-party vendors and consultants.
- Oversee WCDC administrative functions to ensure efficient and consistent operations.
- Collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments and oversee all financial, program, and grants accounting.
- Develop and update constituent management and contact databases.
- Maintain the organizational grant compliance and closeout calendar.
- Track and record online donations through PayPal, Amazon Smile, United Way, and event sites.
- Develop and implement processes to ensure donors are thanked and annual development goals are met.
Governance and Administration
- Assist the ED in tracking the organizational strategic plan and fund development plan progress.
- Coordinate assignments related to the Board of Directors, including scheduling of meetings, development and distribution of board packets, and drafting committee and board meeting minutes.
- Schedule, distribute and retain board documents and activities.
- Maintain and update office procedures, annual calendars and organizational policies.
- Proven work experience in finance and administration.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis, risk management, and forecasting methods.
- Hands-on experience with accounting and financial management software (e.g. Quickbooks).
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel.
- Possess applied knowledge of CRM database structures and management principles.
- Ability to explain financial terms in simple language.
- Be able to work effectively as a team member.
- Possess strong analytical skills.
- Express a genuine interest in our mission.
- A bachelor’s degree and minimum five years’ experience in finance, non-profit management, business administration, or a related field at an accredited institution.
We are seeking an individual of outstanding quality with a respected track record. WCDC is prepared to offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary as well as health care, 401(k), and vacation benefits.
Interested parties please send cover letter, resume, salary requirements and three references to:
Applications are due on January 31, 2020.
The Wilkinsburg Community Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer